Develop composite technologies and work with innovative blade components solutions
We are strengthening our team in the Materials and Processes department; therefore we have established a new position to expand our expertise within composites processing. As composite engineer in the Composite Engineering and Technology department you will develop composite technology and work with innovative blade component solutions to be manufactured in our 14 factories across the globe.
One of the main tasks in the specific position is development of infusion strategies for new blade designs. You will travel to our plants and be hand’s on in relation to the validation of the process. Depending on the blade, new technologies or methods have been included, which makes the validation process more advanced.
In between blade projects you will work on various technology projects to make the next blade project even better. The projects can relate to any aspect of composite technology (mechanical or process related), depending on your competencies and experiences. You can expect to spend a lot of time in our laboratory working with our technicians to develop processes and test methods. You will be involved or even lead plant trials and the global implementation of the new technology or improvements. You can also be involved in general quality improvement in the factories, where a hands-on mentality is key.
Collaborate with prototype lab and research partners
As our new colleague, you will:
- Develop composite components and processes
- Maintain component design and process specifications
- Collaborate with our LM process and prototype lab
- Collaborate with research partners in the field of composite and bond-line processing
- Contribute to and execute the departmental material development strategy to support the product platforms and technology roadmap
Engineer background with qualifications in solid mechanics, composite strength evaluation and testing
The ideal candidate:
- Is energetic , curious and structured
- Has an analytical/scientific mindset combined with a pragmatic hands-on mentality
- Is not afraid of experimenting and trying things out in the lab
- Has an engineering degree and experience with manufacturing engineering
- Is experienced with DFMEA/PFMEA and practical process development
- Has qualifications in solid mechanics, composite strength evaluation and testing
- Has an understanding of wind turbine blade design
- Has understanding of the lean six sigma methodology
As a person, you are a dedicated team player, who gets things done. You can work in a structured way, and you are able to complete tasks independently. English is our corporate language, and we expect that you have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
We offer a challenging position in an international organization of professional and highly qualified colleagues and leaders, where you will have ample opportunity of gaining experience and grow. For the right applicant, the job offers possibilities of career progression and personal development. You can expect approx. 30 days a year.
Location: Lunderskov, Denmark
Apply HERE as soon as possible. We handle applications continuously.
For any questions, you are welcome to contact:
Rasmus Østergaard, Director, Composite Engineering and Technology at email@example.com or Allan Roulund Gersborg, Manager, Composites at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 5138 8620.
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Søren Nikolaj Andersen, Senior Manager, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & values
Our values transcend differences. With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common values.