Develop composite technology and work with innovative blade solutions
We are strengthening our team in the Materials and Processes department; therefore we have established a new position to expand our expertise within composites engineering and bondlines. As composite and bondline engineer in the Composite Engineering and Technology department you will be developing our composite technology and working with innovative blade solutions to be manufactured in our 14 factories across the globe.
You will be a key person in the entire development of new composite and bondline technologies from the initial brainstorms, through concept design and verification and finally in the implementation and production support phase. Together with a cross-functional team you will work with all technical aspects related to the design, processing and documentation stages as well as participate in discussions regarding certification, equipment, quality, reliability and many other aspects.
You can expect to spend a lot of time in our laboratory working with our technicians to develop components, processes and test methods. You will be involved or even lead plant trials and the global implementation of the new technology or improvements. You can also be involved in general quality improvement in the factories, where a hands-on mentality is key.
Collaborate with research partners and prototype lab
- Develop composite components and processes
- Maintain component design and process specifications
- Collaborate with our LM process and prototype lab
- Collaborate with research partners in the field of composite and bondline processing
- Contribute to and execute the departmental material development strategy to support the product platforms and technology roadmap
Engineer background with knowledge about solid mechanics, composite strength evaluation and testing
The ideal candidate
- Is energetic and curious
- Has an analytical/scientific mindset combined with a pragmatic hands-on mentality
- Is not afraid of getting his/her hands dirty experimenting and trying things out in the lab
- Holds an engineering degree and has experience with manufacturing
- Is experienced with DFMEA approach and practical process development
- Has qualifications in solid mechanics, composite strength evaluation and testing
- Has an understanding of wind turbine blade design
- Has understanding of the lean six sigma methodology
As a person, you are a dedicated team player, who gets things done. You can work in a structured way, and are able to complete tasks independently. English is our corporate language, and we expect that you have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
We offer a challenging position in an international organization of professional and highly qualified colleagues and leaders, where you will have ample opportunity of gaining experience and grow. For the right applicant, the job offers possibilities of career progression and personal development. Travel activity of min. 30 days/year.
Location: Lunderskov, Denmark
Apply HERE as soon as possible. We handle applications continuously.
For any questions, you are welcome to contact:
Rasmus Østergaard, Director, Composite Engineering and Technology at email@example.com or Michael Wenani Nielsen, Manager, Bondlines at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 5138 8225.
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Søren Nikolaj Andersen, Senior Manager, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & values
Our values transcend differences. With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common values.