A key role in developing blade surface technologies
We are strengthening our team in the Materials and Processes department; hence we have established a new position to expand our expertise in surface coatings. Together with a team of experts you will be improving and developing our blade surface material technology base.
You will play a key role in the development, qualification and implementation of new or improved blade surface technologies. You will be the technical lead in projects and work cross-functionally with colleagues among others from Engineering, Sourcing, Supplier Quality and Operations spread across the globe. You will be finding and investigating new surface materials and technologies on the market in direct communication with material suppliers.
You are the type of person that seeks to optimize the balance between functional performance, sustainability, cost, process ability and cycle time through evaluation, testing, documentation and implementation.
You can expect to spend time with our laboratory technicians to verify and validate surface material properties. You will be involved or even lead plant trials and the global implementation of the improved or new surface coating technologies. You will be involved in general surface material quality improvements in the factories, where a hands-on mentality is key.
Collaborate with testing lab and define and execute strategy for blade surface materials
As our new colleague, you will:
- Maintain and develop surface material specifications and associated documentation
- Collaborate with our LM material testing lab in verification and validation of surface material
- Work with global operations and plants to improve and implement surface material technologies
- Participate as a commodity team member defining and executing the global commodity strategy for surface materials
- Contribute to and execute the departmental surface material development strategy to support the product platforms and technology roadmap
Engineer background with coating application experience
The ideal candidate:
- Has a global perspective and always drives towards striking an optimum balance between cost, productivity, quality and performance
- Is an excellent communicator between functions and cultures that works well across departments and time zones
- Is flexible, energetic, curious and outgoing
- Has an analytical/scientific mind-set combined with a pragmatic hands-on mentality
- Holds a relevant engineering degree (for example a Chemical Engineer) and has experience with coating application
- Has experience with various chemistries for coatings, e.g. polyester/ vinyl ester gelcoat, polyurethane paints, etc.
- Has experience in characterization and testing of coatings
- Holds a Six Sigma Green Belt or has understanding of the Lean Six Sigma business philosophy and methodology
English is our corporate language, and we expect that you have a high level, both in written and spoken English. As a person, you are a team player who will always consider the bigger picture, you take responsibility and you set high quality standards in your own work. You can work in a structured way, and are able to complete tasks independently.
Exciting career prospects
We offer a challenging position in an international organization of professional and highly qualified colleagues and leaders, where you will have ample opportunity of gaining experience and grow. For the right applicant, the job offers possibilities of career progression and personal development. You can expect travel of ca. 30 days per year.
Location: Lunderskov, Denmark
Are you our new Materials Engineer?
Apply here as soon as possible. We handle applications continuously.
For any questions, you are welcome to contact:
Morten Olesen, Senior Manager, Liquids at email@example.com or on +45 51 38 83 13.
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Søren Nikolaj Andersen, Senior Manager, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & values
Our values transcend differences. With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common values.