A key role in developing new sandwich technologies
We are strengthening our team in the Materials and Processes department, and we have therefore established a new position as Sandwich Core Material engineer in the Material Qualification and Technology department. You will be developing our sandwich core technology base by introducing advanced solutions. You thrive working cross functionally within engineering and externally with Sourcing and Quality. You will be the technical lead finding and investigating new products and technologies on the market in direct communication with suppliers.
You will play a key role in the development, qualification and implementation of new sandwich core technologies. Your main role is to understand and communicate the critical aspects of sandwich core materials in all stages of manufacturing and in their various applications. Together with a cross-functional team you are the type of person that seeks to optimize the balance between three key business aspects of quality, cost and performance through evaluation, testing, documentation and implementation.
You can expect to spend time with our laboratory technicians to develop components, and test methods. You will be involved or even lead plant trials and the global implementation of the new technology or improvements. You can also be involved in general quality improvement in the factories, where a hands-on mentality is key.
Collaborate between departments to define and execute strategy for sandwich core materials
As our new colleague, you will:
- Maintain material specifications and associated documentation
- Collaborate with our LM material testing lab
- Participate as a commodity team member defining and executing the global commodity strategy for sandwich core materials
- Contribute to and execute the departmental material development strategy to support the product platforms and technology roadmap
Engineer background with manufacturing experience and wind turbine design knowledge
The ideal candidate:
- Has a global perspective and always drives towards striking an optimum balance between cost, quality and performance
- Is an excellent communicator between functions and cultures that works well across departments and time zones
- Is flexible, energetic, curious and outgoing
- Has an analytical/scientific mindset combined with a pragmatic hands-on mentality
- Holds an mechanical engineering degree and has experience with manufacturing
- Has experience with sandwich core material characterization and testing
- Has understanding of the lean six sigma methodology
As a person, you are a dedicated team player, who gets things done. You can work in a structured way, and are able to complete tasks independently. English is our corporate language, and we expect that you have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
We offer a challenging position in an international organization of professional and highly qualified colleagues and leaders, where you will have ample opportunity of gaining experience and grow. For the right applicant, the job offers possibilities of career progression and personal development. You can expect travel of min. 30 days per year.
Location: Lunderskov, Denmark
Apply HERE as soon as possible. We handle applications continuously.
Want to know more?
You are welcome to contact Paul Dansereau, Manager, Core and Plastics at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 5138 8222, or a future colleague Danny Kedochim at 5138 8124.
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Søren Nikolaj Andersen, Senior Manager, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & values
Our values transcend differences. With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common values.