A key role in developing blade surface technologies
We are strengthening our team in the Materials and Processes department; hence we have established a new position to expand our expertise in surface coating application. Together with a team of experts you will be developing and improving our surface coating application processes.
You will play a key role in continuous improvement and development, qualification and implementation of new blade surface technologies. You will be the application process lead in projects and work cross-functionally with colleagues amongst others from Engineering, Sourcing, Supplier Quality and Operations spread across the globe.
You will be spending time on the factory shop floor to understand current application processes, identify potential improvements and drive implementation of improvements. You will also be part of new process development, where you will be part of a project team, being responsible for a robust application processes. You can expect to spend time with our laboratory technicians to verify and validate performance of surface application processes.
You will be involved and possibly lead plant trials and the global implementation of the improved application processes or new surface coating technologies.
Collaborate with testing lab and blade factories, execute strategy for blade surface coatings:
As our new colleague, you will:
• Maintain and develop surface coating application specifications and associated documentation
• Collaborate with our LM material testing lab in verification and validation of surface coatings and application processes
• Work with suppliers to improve process and application robustness for surface coating
• Work with global operations and plants to improve and implement surface material technologies
Engineering background with coating application experience:
If you are our ideal candidate, you:
• Hold a relevant engineering degree (ex. chemical or mechanical engineer) and have experience with coating application
• Have experience with various chemistries for coatings, e.g. polyester/ vinyl ester gelcoat, polyurethane paints, etc., and have experience in characterization and testing of coatings
• Have a global perspective and always drives towards an optimum balance between sustainability, cost, productivity and quality
• Are an excellent communicator between functions and cultures that works well across departments and time zones
• Are flexible, energetic, curious and outgoing
• Have an analytical/scientific mind-set combined with a pragmatic hands-on mentality
English is our corporate language, and we expect that you have a high level, both in written and spoken English. As a person, you are a team player who will always consider the bigger picture, you take responsibility and you set high quality standards in your own work. You can work in a structured way, and are able to complete tasks independently.
Exciting career prospects
We offer a challenging position in an international organization of professional and highly qualified colleagues and leaders, where you will have ample opportunity of gaining experience and grow. For the right applicant, the job offers possibilities of career progression and personal development. You can expect travel of ca. 30 days per year.
Location: Lunderskov, Denmark
Apply through the GE Career Portal if you have the right qualifications for this job.
For any questions, you are welcome to contact:
Jesper Høeg, Manager for Add-ons, Interiors and Surfaces at email@example.com or on +45 51 38 82 02.
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Isabelle Dam, Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & values
Our values transcend differences. With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common values.