A key role in developing blade surface technologies:
Our team in the Materials and Processes department is looking for a new talent to add to our expertise in surface coatings. Together with a team of experts you will be improving and qualifying our blade surface material technology base and the associated coating application processes.
You will play a key role in continuous improvement, qualification and implementation of new blade surface technologies. You will be the technical lead in projects and coordinating work cross-functionally with colleagues among others from Engineering, Sourcing, Supplier Quality and Operations spread across the globe. You will be spending time on the factory shop floor to understand current application processes, identify potential improvements and drive implementation of improvements.
Lead small scale projects, defining and executing strategy for blade surface coatings:
- Maintain and qualify surface coating material and application specifications and associated documentation
- Collaborate with our LM material testing lab in verification and validation of surface coatings and application processes
- Work with suppliers to evaluate samples of surface materials for blade manufacturing
- Work with global operations and plants to improve and implement surface material technologies
- Participate as a commodity team member defining and executing the global commodity strategy for surface materials
- You hold a relevant engineering degree (for example a Chemical Engineer) and have experience with various chemistries for coatings, e.g. polyester/ vinyl ester gelcoat, polyurethane paints, etc.
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in characterization and testing of coatings
- Six Sigma Green Belt or understanding of the Lean Six Sigma business philosophy and methodology is a plus
You are an excellent communicator between functions and cultures and work well across departments and time zones. You are able to coordinate and juggle multiple tasks with a variety of stakeholders, keeping things going with your energy, curiosity and drive. You combine an analytical/scientific mind-set with a pragmatic hands-on mentality, and always seek to optimize the balance between functional performance, sustainability, cost, process ability and cycle time through evaluation, testing, documentation and implementation.
English is our corporate language, and we expect that you have a high level, both written and spoken.
Exciting career prospects:
We offer a challenging position in an international organization of professional and highly qualified colleagues and leaders, where you will have ample opportunity of gaining experience and grow. For the right applicant, the job offers possibilities of career progression and personal development. You can expect travel of ca. 30 days per year.
Location: Lunderskov, Denmark
If you think you are the right candidate, apply now through the GE Career job portal.
For any questions, you are welcome to contact Morten Olesen, Senior Manager, Liquids at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +45 51 38 83 13.
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Isabelle Dam, Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & values
Our values transcend differences. With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common values.